Monday 11 April 2011

Lights Camera Action!

Well as promised here are some pictures of the finished cake that I put together for filming today.
Boy who would have thought that it would be so difficult to speak and carry out tasks at the same time! For someone who never stops talking in real life I completely blanked when I had to talk and build the cake on camera. It was a good job that it wasn't live, at least the worst bits can be edited out! I will never look at actors and presenters in the same light again... they make it look so easy. By the time I was finished I had a headache and a dry throat and we were only filming for a couple of hours.






The resulting film will form part of my new website. showing what you can achieve yourself, if you are on a tight budget. I will cover areas like cake, stationary, flowers etc and show how you can create lookalikes yourself, buy using items that are readily available on the high street.

For this film, I used supermarket bought cakes and transformed them into a cake that wouldn't look out of place in a high street window. (In my opinion) And for less than £70.00! I think that's a bargain. This cake will feed about 80 people, but you could always add layers if you have more guests.

I had a few minor catastrophes along the way, with bits getting damaged etc, but thankfully the cameraman managed to hide them. I can't wait to see the finished film!

I hope you like it. Please feel free to post some comments in the box below.
Trish
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

*