Well today saw Zumbay Dance Party take to the golden sands of Whitley Bay beach. Lots of people turned out to raise funds for the Red Cross Japan Tsunami Appeal, and enjoy a couple of hours of dancing on the beach in the sunshine .
The weather was good and we finished just before the rain started. Everyone was in good spirits and the band ensured that all those participants were kept on their toes. Many spectators of the event were so engrossed in the music that they too were dancing along to the rhythm.
The event was the brainchild of Ms Carol Alevroyianni who co-ordinated everyone and many thanks must go to all those who purchased tickets for the event, those who donated in the many collecting tins and most importantly to those people who gave their time and services free of charge
- Aggi, Nikki & Leo for their fantastic instruction and never ending energy
- Mr Steve Keys who provided the Music and PA System
- Paul of First Aid North who provided the First Aid Cover
- Mr Alex Tustin and Worldbeaters band for the wonderful live music
- Helen McCookerybook for her illustration for the posters and tickets
- Mark at the Boardwalk Cafe for the power needed for the event and the printing of the posters and tickets
- Marcus Jackson of North Tyneside Council for the loan of litterpicking equipment
So many people loved the event and many have asked for a larger event to be organised for next year which I know that Carol is keen to get going. Watch this space for The Great North Zumba 2012!
Once I know the total raised I will let you all know