Tuesday 22 February 2011


High Street Bargain

I had a lovely e: mail today from a lady called Kate, on the subject of cost cutting tips that I posted last week.
She wrote
“... had just about given up hope of finding a Wedding dress that was in my price range. I had always dismissed the high street dresses as I thought they were all too plain or the fabrics were cheap and horrible. However, after taking a look at the BHS link you posted I found a lovely tea length dress that I fell in love with. I am going to have it customised with some gorgeous lace and pearl trimmings that I found online and wear it with a fabulous antique stole that I found in a charity shop years ago. It seems that I will have the dress of my dreams at a fraction of the cost I would pay in a boutique, and from the store where my Mum used to buy my school uniform from years ago. Who would have thought it?
I had never even thought about customising a high street dress until I read your post, so thank you for the idea.
Kate
PS Just off to persuade my Mum to take up flower arranging! ”

Thnak you Kate. I’m glad you found the post useful and that you have managed to get a unique dress that is right for you and your budget. Please send me a photo (after the Wedding of course) so we can see your creation.
If there are any areas that you would like me cover, please feel free to drop me a line and I’ll see what I can do. Till next time
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

*